Come Visit Us!
Come visit the new Book Harvest Family Space in Durham! It is a brand-new colorful area full of free books, wall toys, a magnet wall, reading nooks, puppets, and more – all designed to make it easy for children and families to play, learn, and read together.
There is no cost to visit; masks are required for ages 3+. There is a limited capacity of 10 people in the space at a time.
Tuesday - Saturday, 9 AM - 5 PM
*closed on holidays
Family Space Guidelines
Let’s work together to keep everyone safe while reading books and playing in the Family Space. Please follow these guidelines:
- All adults and kids aged 3 and older must wear masks covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Everyone must sanitize hands upon entering.
- Do not enter the building if you or anyone in your family is experiencing any symptoms of COVID, including fever or cough, or if you or members of your family have been exposed to COVID.
- Try to maintain 3 to 6 feet of distance from others while using the space.
- Children must be attended to by an adult age 16+ at all times.
- Food and drink can be eaten outside but not inside the building.
- We allow no more than 10 people (adults and children) in the Family Space. If the Family Space is at capacity, we have books outside to browse and take home.
- If others are waiting, please limit your time to 30 minutes or less.
- Please notify Book Harvest by calling 252-497-2665 if anyone tests positive after visiting so that we may anonymously inform others who were in the space that they may have been exposed.
The Family Space was made possible thanks to a generous grant made by the PNC Foundation. PNC Grow Up Great® has been helping children from birth through age five develop a passion for learning that lasts a lifetime.